5.08.2010

POI - An Interesting Link

My husband brought to my attention an interesting story he had heard on NPR. It is really interesting because the blood work that is done and symptoms sound much the same as PCOS. It is called primary ovarian insufficiency or POI. Here is the link. I think it is interesting for sure. I have had bouts of hot flashes at times, which I find a bit concerning. I will definitely bring this up with my Endo in a couple of weeks and see what they say. The most striking part of this story is how doctors so often just prescribe medication without doing the background research. Women are just put on the pill before doctors really figure out why someone is not getting their periods regularly. So, Check it out.... it is so very interesting.


http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126419827

No comments: