6.14.2010

Weekend Update

Things are going well. I have been on the Avandia for 2 1/2 weeks now and I am feeling pretty good. The Progesterone worked well, and I had a good length period this time. Hooray, it actually stopped on it's own too! I have noticed some changes in things like hair growth (not as dark and it does not grow back as quickly). But I must admit that the potential side effects of the Avandia do bother me quite a bit. My Pre-Avandia blood tests were a bit shocking this time from the Endo. Cholosterol is better than it was last time (165) which is good for me, but my testosterone shot up to 107... I was previously down to 80! So, who knows what happened in the past 9 months to cause all of this... weight gain and no exercise anyone? I am hoping that this will lead to by body beginning to regulate itself better and independently working as it is supposed to work. Additionally, my husband and I will begin working out once our work schedules are back to not crazy again, which of course is the number one way to assist PCOS meds in working.

Speaking of work.. :) I feel I have had this enormous weight lifted off of my shoulders. I am becoming more and more excited about my new job, which will be in schools and starts in August. I can't wait to be in a different setting and a little more in control of my schedule and my life. My hubby started his new job today. It will be so nice to have us both working and having fairly normal schedules now. We may actually have some time together, now that we won't be arriving home past 7pm every night! Very Exciting. We have also begin to discuss "the topic" a lot... yes babies. It is crazy to think that we are getting closer to that time, but it sounds like it will be soon that we will try to start our family. I am so excited to be a mom, it is truly the one thing that I want most in life, next to being married to my husband (but I already have that!)... A horse or two would be nice to... but I can live without for now. Of course the PCOS worries me, but we have decided not to put pressure on anything yet and see what happens. All of you out there with PCOS will probably get this, but I don't want to put pressure on it at first... it will not be "we are trying to have a baby and it is SO stressful!" I am afraid if we do that it will never happen (I am enough of a worrier without having that to stress about too). So yes, I will post it on the blog, when it happens... or maybe three months after it happens. But at this point I am going to keep a positive outlook and think "when it happens" ... there will be no "if's" in my vocabulary for now!

2 comments:

Rainbow Spork said...

Positivity is amazingly powerful. Sending you all my warm fuzzy "when! not if" thoughts!

Shae said...

I left you something on my blog...