6.02.2010

I Quit!

I did, I quit both of my jobs today. My final day will be July 23rd. Yes, my third time quitting jobs in 2 years. But a better offer came along today and I am pretty excited about it. Just wanted to share. I am sure I have pissed off some people who I care about by doing this, but hey, you must follow your heart and I am young and ready to learn new things!! One thought came to me about this today. If I was a man, would people clap me on the back and say "good choice"? As women are we expected to "stick with things" even when it is not financially or personally fulfilling our needs, more so than men? How does this fit with how women take care of themselves?

Women are less likely then men to go in and ask for a raise, to ask for change when we think things are not going right. In the past I have always left jobs because I felt there was something ethical that I could not go along with, this time it was simply a good move for me and my family. I am excited to have summers off, to have time to spend with my family, and time to start our own family too!!

Hooray!!

Someday soon - My own therapy clinic! :)

2 comments:

Shae said...

Kudos to you for doing what is best for you!

Rainbow Spork said...

Don't regret making the best decision for you and yours. There will always be someone who's unhappy. Remember that shirt you gave me for my birthday waaaaaay back? Something to the effect of I can only please some people every day. And today isn't your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either. (For the record, I still have that shirt somewhere, and I LOVE it.) Focusing on you and yours is never a bad thing! And other people aren't thrilled, well then...it just wasn't their day. 8D