3.28.2010

Health Care Expensive? Yes!

So, I got an explanation of benefits today from my insurance company, and I almost died. $425.00 for my ultrasound from last month. I almost died. Don't get me wrong, thank god I have insurance in this country! The insurance paid over $1600.00... can you BELIEVE that an ultrasound would be over $2000.00!?!?! I almost died. It definitely makes it worth it to have insurance. But again, it makes me sad for the people who cannot afford health insurance and do not qualify for any assistance. I still await the EOB for the recent blood tests, this venture of trying to get healthy is getting more and more expensive!

I visited Kim, my acupressurist yesterday. It looks like my candida diet continues to help, although I am almost 2 months in and there is still candida in my system. I still have some Candida in my liver, left kidney, and spleen, but it is gone from my sinuses. It snowed again yesterday, yet I am still without a sinus infection. I think my immune system is finally waking up!!! :) We also went to visit my brother in law last night, who lives up above Fort Collins. Again I did not get sick, although usually in the dry climate up where he lives I wake up feeling stuffy and tired. Still tired today, due to the terrible guest bed... maybe less exhausted then usual since we usually drink like fish up at his house, and since I am not allowed any alcohol on the candida diet, I had to forgo it this time! I find it funny that as I go through this experience with the candida diet, I find that I do not have a hard time "just saying no" with drinking and desserts... but I can tell you that today I really wanted a cinnamon roll (these are one of my most favorite foods on earth) and tonight I have been craving chocolate, perhaps due to watching "When Harry Met Sally" and the scene where they are eating the chocolate cream pie!! Yum! Although I find I don't crave these things any more, I sure do miss enjoying them. My husband says I will probably go into a coma the first time I have sugar again, I can't wait! I have no idea how long it will be until I actually get to have some kind of sugary treat, but I dream of it constantly. Fruit as dessert just does not cut it anymore, but I am determined to get all of the way through!

1 comment:

RR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.