4.23.2010

Darn Sinus Infections

Just as I have been starting to feel better I ended up with yet another sinus infection, and yes the same exact one from last week. After consulting with the NP today it looks like I still have no choice but to visit an ENT to find out what is causing this continuous string of sinus infections. Yesterday was quite terrible, sore throat, no voice, and terribly stuffy. However, today after some acupuncture, I am feeling quite a bit better. I was sent home with some Chinese herbs and was released from the use of the earwax tasting herbal remedies!

All of these sinus infections again bring me back to thinking about imbalance. When one system of the body is out of balance, clearly it will affect other systems. I think this is where our current medical system falls short. Why do we continue to take medications that simply fix the symptoms and not the underlying problems? Maybe it is our society and the need for instant gratification and quick fixes. I hope this long journey, the more curvy and steep path, will lead me to balanced systems and away from covering symptoms.

As for my PCOS symptoms. I have been more tired in the past week and probably because I am fighting this infection. My weight has stalled at 145 to 146 lbs. Again, I think exercise will be necessary to get off of this plateau, My hair growth has not been too bad this month, which is encouraging, and I certainly feel better with less bloating and no acne to speak of.

I am hopeful to find a cure and a cause for my sinus infections. And I am hopeful that any link between my hormonal imbalance/PCOS, sinus infections, and adrenal sluggishness will soon become clear!

1 comment:

Shae said...

I have been extremely tired the past few days. Monday and Tuesday I felt so drained that it was actually an effort to put one foot in front of the other. I don't ever remember being that tired and not being sick. It was so strange. I feel better today. Hopefully, I will gain my energy back. I hope you feel better!