4.16.2010

Sinus Infection... But... Candida Free!!

Hooray! I visited Kim, my acupressurist today. I am officially Candida free! No more Acupressure appointments for me! Although I am totally going to miss seeing Kim every two weeks to hear her crazy life stories and our wonderful conversations, I am quite excited to be done with the whole Candida Diet. Unfortunately, Saturday marked the start of ANOTHER sinus infection! Goodness.... But this time I am pretty sure it is allergy/dry air/ pollen related. It was terribly windy last weekend in Colorado and I am thinking this is part of the cause, along with the yellow gook of pollen that covered all of the cars last weekend. Anyway, a visit to my naturopath on Wednesday introduced me to the wonderful world of herbal remedies... that taste like crap! :) I am sad to say that my alternative now, since I am no longer open to using antibiotics to cure my sinus infections (this leads to candida overgrowth), is to use herbal remedies. The current one tastes like ear wax. My husband asked me how I know what ear wax tastes like... but isn't it just one of those things you can guess at?

I wanted to also take a moment in this blog to mention the sheer opposite experiences I have had in the past weeks, working with naturopathic and western medicines. I had to visit my MD to have the blood tests done for the naturopath (the only way insurance will pay is for the MD to order them). The MD looked at me like I was nuts, but went along with it. After two weeks of waiting to receive the test results I had to call and get them faxed. Now, they told me they would call if anything was out of range, and things were out of range... but no one called. Had anyone read the tests? Who knows?

Cut to Wednesday. I faxed the labs to the naturopath on Monday afternoon. Wednesday afternoon I went for a visit. I was met with RETYPED labs and a whole manual on how we will proceed with my health care!!! Holy cow! Who does this!! We went over every lab result out of range, discussed treatment options, how we are going to continue to treat different problems, where to start. AND it included information about diet, exercise, supplements! WOW!

Anyway, I wanted to blog just shortly today. I must stop for now and go shop for butterfly decorations for my nephew's birthday on Sunday. But I shall return at a later time tonight or tomorrow to finish this story!

Happy Friday!!

No comments: