4.04.2010

Almost Yeastie Free!!

The week flew by this week. Lots of kiddo clients to see and lots of work to do. Even this weekend has been super busy too. I visited Kim, my accupressurist, on Friday morning and am delighted to report that I am almost yeast free (except for my stomach where the yeast is supposed to live!). I am really very excited. I feel like I can almost see a light at the end of the tunnel for the Candida diet! She tells me that after another check in 3 weeks, if I am still doing so well, than I can go off of the yeast free diet and slowly incorporate some sugar and yeast products into my diet! hooray!

My update for last week: I did get my adrenal tests done, soaking cotton under my tongue and sticking them in little vials (that was interesting). But I did not do it until yesterday and will have to express mail them tomorrow. I also started doing some yoga.. I made it three days in a row and then did not get any in yesterday, or so far today. But I do feel this is progress. I also was excited to see that I lost another pound this week. I was feeling a bit down last week, as my scale said I had gained 1.2 lbs, but that weight plus another 1 pound is gone this week. In 14 weeks, since starting to work with the eastern medicine and the candida free diet I have lost 12 lbs! It really is amazing. I have not counted calories or really exercised for that matter, but the weight is coming off. I do think I will eventually hit a plateau where I will have to exercise. And besides, exercise is important and, considering in my job I am telling parents that their kids need to move, I should probably start moving too!

It is yet to be known if I will really be able to go off of the Metformin... but I am becoming more hopeful. I have also seen a big slow down in my facial hair growth. (I was going to apologize for typing this statement but the fact is it is part of PCOS and I am not going to edit out the icky embarrassing stuff!.) Anyway, I will be going to see the endocrinologist next month, it will be interesting to see what they have to say about the change and what they think about going off of the Metformin. I know the western medical model is reliant on drug treatment these days but I am determined to get rid of the drugs and still be healthy!

Happy Easter!

No comments: