4.17.2010

A visit to the naturopath

To continue from yesterday, I wanted to share what the last blood tests showed. I was surprised and sad because my cholesterol has gone UP... even on the candida diet with no sugar and low carbohydrates. So that was frustrating. But the NP related it to the problem that is showing up the biggest right now, which is slow adrenal glands. Your adrenal glands help with your energy level and mine are slow, especially in the AM. Which totally explains my exhausted feelings in the morning where I feel like I need to stay in bed until 10am. It is almost as if my adrenals do not wake up until later in the day. The good news is that my thyroid is looking good, for the most part. The NP did say that not all of the tests were run that he asked for, so I will be having a few more done in May when I go to see the Endocrinologist.

Most surprising though was my glucose levels... they are... LOW!! I am actually verging on hypoglycemic. This appears to be secondary to the Metformin. So guess what the recommendation is? Go off the Met! hooray! So the plan is to speak with the endocrinologist in May and let them know I want off... and then see how I have to proceed. I am a bit worried, I think the endo will think I am a nutter for wanting off of it. But I can always go back on if things go awry. I think I will hate myself more if I do not give my body a chance to regulate hormones on its own and see what can happen. The NP also brought up a good point that if I want to get pregnant any time in the future, better to go off the Met now and see what happens than doing it while I am pregnant... I think this is a good idea to.

I have to admit I am quite excited about the prospect of no Met, but at the same time I am worried. What if I grow a beard? What if I gain a whole bunch of weight because it really is not under control. My biggest concerns is that with my Cholesterol being high already, will it go higher if I am off of the Met? It is all yet to be determined.

I am quite enjoying being off of the candida diet. I have decided to stick to it for the most part, but I did splurge the other day and had a fruit tart that was SO yummy... I really did miss sugar. But I did notice I was able to control myself and even though I had sugar I have not craved it at all... then again it has only been a day!! :)

As for today no sugar eaten and I stuck to the candida diet all day. I have lost another 0.2 lbs... the weight is coming off a lot more slowly now and I think it is time to introduce exercise again. Any suggestions for fun ways to work out? My goal is lowering that darn cholesterol with exercise and continued healthy eating! Onward and upward! Cheers!

No comments: