4.05.2010

Ooops.... too much food.

In starting the Candida diet I read over and over again that once you started to come off of the diet, you had to slowly integrate the items you have not been eating. Well, cut to Easter Sunday. I invited my parents over and woke up that morning dreaming of roast beef. There is nothing in roast beef that is not allowed on the Candida diet, but the recipe I found had this wonderful, yummy gravy recipe. Yes, it had wine, in had vinegar based ingredients, it had mushrooms. But, I decided, "hey I am doing great on this diet, I am almost done with it, I can splurge just a bit!" Wrong! I enjoyed Mashed Potatoes with the gravy and Roast with the gravy. I also enjoyed corn souffle and banana pudding (made with Stevia which is okay on the Candida Diet), but I did cheat and I put whipped cream on top of the banana pudding and ate the gravy. The end result... I was SO sick! I am still not feeling myself this morning and have a pretty upset stomach. But, a lesson for sure during this experience. I will not make this mistake again. Back on the Candida Diet Restrictions I go this morning. I will readily follow the guidelines once again, and hope that I did not do too much damage to my prior progress!

I am still amazed that I used to be able to eat foods this rich in mass consumption and not feel ill. But I did have flashbacks to before this Candida diet when I used to over eat on many rich foods and then fall into a food coma after. Don't get me wrong, I love rich foods... I just love food in general I think. But, I am hoping at the end of this experience I have learned to respect food a little more, in the way I am pretty sure I was supposed to learn to respect in when I was attending Weight Watcher's meetings. But that never stuck... I am hoping this time it will.

1 comment:

Audi said...

A couple posts back you'd mentioned no sugar, and I was going to suggest Stevia. Glad I waited :D

Probably just one of those Easter items alone would of been fine. The combo of all of them though...like being run over by a two ton truck. Glad you're feeling better.

Reading your blog has been incredibly affirming. It sounds like you're making serious inroads to fixing things for the right reasons, and not just because someone said so. I hope the end goals all line up and you find the relief I know you deserve.