7.20.2010

Lessons Learned

So... squats lead to sore quad muscles (thighs) which causes you to have a hard time walking like a normal person. This is a lesson I learned this week. Another lesson I learned is that if you move more, like on the elliptical for 30 minutes the next day, all of that awkwardness and soreness goes away. Hooray! It is a great cure... soreness cured with exercise!

Things are great this week! It is may last week in the clinic, which is sad and hard and happy all at the same time. I realized in the past few weeks how much I truly love this job and that it stinks to have to leave a job over lack of compensation. I have never felt sad to leave any of my past jobs... but this time it is different. I really love all of the kiddos who I have worked with. I have worked very hard to forge good, strong relationships with my clients and their families, and now I have to say goodbye. It is especially hard to leave the clients who followed me from home health over to the clinic, and now I am leaving them, yet again. It makes me sad and it makes for a tough couple of days. I imagine that if I were not calorie counting and working out that I would be home with a migraine, for all of the stress... but surprisingly... I feel AWESOME (except for the aching quads and the fact that I am walking like a tin soldier!).

Tomorrow will be a happy day. I get to spend the entire day with my mom, sister in law, and my adorable nephews... did I mention they are really cute and adorable? There are not words... Then Thursday, my final clinic day where I will say goodbye to a few of my kiddos who have been the biggest challenge and through that became some of my favorite to work with.

I guess another lesson learned: Sometimes the things you work hardest at are the most rewarding... nix that... lets say instead: The things you work hard at are always the most rewarding (eventually). So, I am working hard every day to become a better OT, to be a good wife and daughter and auntie and friend, and now I am working hard every day to counteract PCOS and fight for my health. In the end, what is more rewarding than that?

No comments: