7.15.2010

Week Update

So, it is Thursday. I have one more week left at one of my jobs and have reduced my other down to 1 client per week. I am very excited. Next week it is off to California to visit my best friend and her new baby!

The past week has been full of new self discovery, for me and my husband, mostly thanks to tracking our calories. I think, for me, I was mostly aware of what this was going to take, thanks to my prior experience with Weight Watchers in the past few years. I was more prepared to have to plan my meals and weigh each morsel of food, down to the gram. But, I think my husband has been a bit more surprised. As it turns out, we have the same speed metabolism, so we are eating the same number of calories. For me, 1500 calories a day is A Lot! I rarely get all the way there, unless at a family event in which case I am in the 3000 calorie zone, but for my husband... well... let's just say he is often hungry!

I have already lost 1 lb this week, without even having exercise in the mix! So, I feel encouraged that once again we are on the right track... even more so because this time we are doing this together. I hope sometime soon to return to the naturopath to add in some eastern medicine to the mix, but for now my concentration is on doing what I can to prepare this body of mine for what is to come.

We met with our new personal trainer again today. He came to our apartment complex to see our gym and get an idea of what equipment we have so that he can design work out programs for us. He explained that each month he will re-test our metabolic rate and change our diet/ calorie intake and exercise accordingly. My husband was also reassured that he will get to "bulk up" and I was reassured that I would not (even with my high testosterone levels... thanks PCOS!)

My GI tract is also much more happy this past week and I have easily returned to the Metformin. It has been absolutely appalling to follow the news about Avandia, and I am so relieved I made the decision to get off of it as soon as possible!

Overall, a productive week. I have decided not to post my diet and calories, however I will tell you that the first few days I was over by about 300 and the past few I have been right on or a bit below 1500 calories. For now, we will just keep on keepin' on!

No comments: