7.31.2010

Pure Exhaustion

Yep, that is me, purely exhausted! I returned Wednesday from my wonderful trip with a wonderful friend and her beautiful new baby! What a fun time! Sadly, I fell off the wagon while I was away and did not track calories nor did I exercise more than 1 day... okay if you don't count the 2 long walks on other days. When I returned home I felt this incredible need to clean the whole apartment, so I did, for two days. I cleaned every nook and cranny in almost the whole place. We do not have a big apartment, so you can imagine how thorough I was being... or was I just being slow?

Anyway, today was the return to the personal trainer to get our butts kicked into gear again. If you are not familiar with PCOS than I should explain about exercise. Exercise is of the UTMOST importance when you have PCOS. The endocrinologist reminds me every six months that I should be participating in cardiovascular work at least days per week.

The reasoning is that the less fat you have on your body the more in balance your hormones are, therefore the more likely you are to ovulate and the less symptoms of the disorder you have (in theory). Fat, on the other hand, creates an increase in the production of hormones, which when you have PCOS you simply do not need. However, some (yes only some) Doctors agree that, much like diabetes, women with PCOS will become more tired when they exercise than those without PCOS. (I do not remember the exact reasoning, but I will look up this study and report back later).

So, today was exhausting for me. Brian really worked us hard with squats using a TX Fitness band and also using a big swiss ball filled with water to 8 lbs! Also, resistance work for the upper body, sit ups with the water filled swiss balls, and pull ups and balance exercises. I left feeling Amazing (yes with a capitol A!) but by this evening I was crashed out! It was like I could not get enough food in me to keep my energy up. Surprisingly when I finally let myself crash, at 6pm, I only slept for 1 hour before feeling much better.

So, here I am, tired, worn down, tired, exhausted... did I mention I am tired? My hope is that tomorrow I will get up and continue to make good decisions about what I eat and about movement.

My new job's orientation is all next week, I am very nervous and excited all at the same time! Wish me luck!?

No comments: