7.25.2010

Vacations, Exercise, and Babies

Does anyone really "work out" when they are on vacation? To me, vacations mean sleeping in late, taking long naps, and enjoying the company, scenery, and people around you... not running around the block for 30 minutes every morning. However, yesterday I did successfully complete my resistance band work out, designed by Mr. Personal Trainer. I worked up a slight sweat, and felt better about life. But, today I woke up, Cardio day, and I don't want to go for a run, so maybe I will grab a friend and go for a long walk instead... it counts... right?

I am in Sacramento for 5 days, visiting one of my best girlfriends, her hubby, and new born baby... well not new born, she is 3 months old today. My husband asks "So, you still want a baby?" my answer, "yeah!" I was even trusted to be the first babysitter last night for a few hours so the tired parents could get out and see a movie. Easy peasie, as some of my kiddos say! Okay, I give, she was sleeping the whole time, but still.... that part I know I could do! It is just amazing to spend so much time watching a little person grow and learn each day, it is so rewarding and awe inspiring. Yes, I get the long hours, the late nights, the sleepless nights, and I get that these things may last a life time. But look at what the result is, an amazing person that you have added to the world!

I am very excited for my friends and their baby! What a pleasure to get to see a family starting off and looking toward the future!

1 comment:

Rainbow Spork said...

You know how they say one "oh shit" wipes out a hundred "good jobs"? When it comes to raising a child, I've found its the exact opposite. You could have five days of absolute hell with your kid, and all it takes is five minutes of heaven, and you forget everything else. Its the only life experience I've ever run across that can lay claim to that exception. Congrats to the new family, and I look forward to the day when I get to say the same to you and Erik :)