7.17.2010

Let the Exercise begin....

A few weeks ago, during a therapy session, one of my kiddos told another therapist "I'm doin' squats with Ms. Rhonda." We were not in fact doing squats, but today I found myself doing exactly that. I remembered my pure dislike of weight training today... I know it will get easier and I am positive that as I get better at it I will begin to like it more. Our new trainer cooked up a really nice weight routine for me, and I can already tell it is a perfect balance for me... lots of upper body, a bit of core, not a lot of Lower body... because that is already stronger. I came back from the gym and felt like a little old lady, shuffling my way back from the gym. My husband returned a bit nauseated and light headed, as he tends to push himself a bit too hard at times. So, we shuffled back home and husband crashed on the couch, and I .... I had energy! I started the laundry, changed the sheets, showered, and had some lunch... and I still feel pretty good. So, I leave my first workout, knowing that tomorrow I may not be able to lift my arms for all of the soreness, but that I am again on another great track that will hopefully get me closer to health!

Tomorrow.... hello cardio workout!

No comments: