7.10.2010

Nice to meet you, Mr. Personal Trainer

Today we met Brian, our new personal trainer. I am quite excited at the prospect of having someone looking over us and guiding our diet and exercise for a while. Today was not a work out day, one of the main reasons I chose this trainer was that he does a full evaluation before ever working with you... awesome, and depressing/embarrassing! So, I thought I would share the embarrassment with all of you, as this blog is about honesty. So in the spirit of honesty, here we go.

My current weight is 152.6 lbs (okay I knew this because I weighed myself yesterday - I am 5'7" tall).

My percent of body fat is 28.8%. (this means I have 44 lbs of fat on me).

My resting Heart Rate is 68 beats per minute

There were other tests, but this is the overall summary and the easiest to put on a blog. So, the next question would be: What are the goals?

Goal weight is 131 lbs
Goal Body Fat % is less than 17.2%
Goal Resting Heart Rate is less than 64 BPM

So I need to lose about 21 lbs, decrease my BF% by about 11 percentage points, and lower my heart rate by 4 BPM.

Other concerns included:
Unequal strength between right and left side (I am VERY right dominant)
High waist to hip ratio
Poor flexibility in the low back and hamstrings.

So, the plan:

Change the diet to lower calories through keeping a food journal
Read and complete the book 100 Days of Weight Loss (For those of us who eat emotionally)
See the trainer again on Thursday to start the work out schedule!

I started the book today and bought my notebook for my food diary (I will also start trying to post what I am eating to keep me honest) and to complete my journal assignments from 100 Days.

I am super excited that Husband and I are doing this together (of course he is in much better shape than I...but he doesn't have PCOS!). I think it will be great to get healthy together, learn to support and encourage each other on the path to health, and to begin to create a healthy lifestyle for our children to be born into! Here's to change and improvement and the path to health!

1 comment:

Rainbow Spork said...

Sounds like you're on your way to getting things straightened out. Yay! The food journal's definitely an enlightening thing. Here's to a healthier, happier you!